Visiting St John's
Members of the public are welcome to visit St John's College (to see Front Quad, Canterbury Quad, the Chapel, and Kendrew Quad) from 1pm to 5pm daily, or until dusk in the winter. Entry is through the main Lodge on the east side of St Giles, or (for the Kendrew Quad) through the Kendrew Lodge some 200 metres north. Please note that tour groups of more than 14 people must make prior arrangements with the College Lodge: +44 (0)1865 277300.
Please note that the Gardens are currently not open to the public due to construction work for our new Study Centre.
Holders of an Oxford Alumni Card may visit St John's College free of charge with up to three guests, at any time during daylight hours. Please present your Alumni Card to the lodge porter on arrival.
The College is closed to visitors on Christmas and Boxing Day. Very occasionally, parts of College are closed off because of events or for safety reasons.
- Note: For specific information about Open Days and school visits, please see the Open Days and Visits page in our Prospective Students section.
Bagley Wood in Kennington is owned by the College. Walking permits for the Wood may be obtained by the public against a small administration fee of £5. Applications for a walking permit should be made to Mrs Rachel Lockyer in the Bursary, completing the attached form and including cheque or cash payment.