The Women’s Network aims to celebrate and support St John’s College women by bringing together current students, fellows, staff and alumnae from across the world. Building on the success of the 2000 Women celebrations, the Network aims to further women’s engagement with the College, and to support their education, well-being and life opportunities.
What does the Network do?
The Women’s Network brings together existing events and initiatives for St John’s women into one network, and provides a platform for more extensive connections to be made.
- Through the online platform for St John's alumni, women students of St John's are able to connect with alumnae for mentoring.
- Speaker events, in a variety of locations and formats, with women speakers sharing their experience and insights. These events are open to all genders.
- Women's Leadership Programme
- Annual London Women's Network Dinner, organised in association with Eyedea. Save the date for the next one on 7 September 2018.
The Network is open to all St John’s women, past and present, and is overseen by a Steering Group made up of St John’s students, fellows, alumnae and representatives of the Development and Alumni Relations Team.
Note the St John’s Women’s Network defines a woman as anyone who identifies wholly or partially as a woman and/or as transfeminine.
Saturday 10 March 2018
Building on the highly successful 2000 Women’s Big Weekend, St John's hosted a day of events celebrating and inspiring SJC women. Activities included:
- Short talks from alumnae, students and fellows on a broad range of subjects related to academia, careers and all aspects of life
- Workshops and performances highlighting current student and alumnae activities (including sports, music, art, activism and gender)
- Panel and discussion, including 'The future is female'
- Opportunities for suggesting future activities for the network
- Exhibition: 'A History of Women at St John's' from the College archive
More information about the event can be found here.
4 Ways to Get Involved
The Women’s Network will work best as more people get involved! Pick from the options below...
- Would you like to speak at a future Women's Lunch?
- Can you contribute to the Women's Network by speaking or running a workshop?
- Do you have an idea for an event, or something else the Women's Network could do?
- Would you like to be an alumnae representative on the Steering Group?
We’d love to hear from you. Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Get Involved’.