The Inspire Programme aims to encourage students with exceptional promise to aim high, to stretch themselves academically, and to be confident in making well-founded applications to a top university like Oxford. Our Year 12 programme is open to pupils at non-selective state schools in Ealing and Harrow. Participants will:
- Try taster sessions in a range of subjects with top academics, exploring academic subjects in a deeper way with people who share a passion for the subject
- Gain confidence in their academic abilities; talking about their subject & making applications to competitive universities
- Meet current students and recent graduates to talk about what university is really like, and to find out about the range of careers available after university
- Spend time in Oxford to try out university life
- Get reliable information and advice about university admissions, gaining the tools to make informed choices and submit strong applications to competitive courses & universities
12 programme consists of a series of five Twilight Sessions throughout the year
at schools and sixth form colleges in Ealing and Harrow. Sessions include a
combination of academic taster talks by scholars from Oxford or other leading
universities, and expert guidance on skills development and how to make an
effective and competitive application to university. Students can apply to be
part of either the Arts & Humanities strand or the Science & Maths
strand of the programme.
Participants in the programme will also be able to apply for a residential Summer School at St John’s College, Oxford, where participants will continue to build skills and academic confidence, as well as to experience what life is like for an Oxford student.
details of the programme, including how to apply and details about last year’s
programme, please see the Year 12 webpage here.
The application process includes a personal statement as well as a section for
applicant’s parent and teacher to complete. The application deadline is 16 December 2019, so be sure you submit
your application well before this date!