- Two gyms with free weights, aerobic equipment, rowing machines, cross-trainers, running machines
- Indoor rowing room
- Table tennis room
- Two squash courts in College
- Croquet lawn
- Cricket pitch of county standard
- Rugby pitch
- Soccer pitch
- Three hard tennis courts
- Two permanent and three temporary world-class grass tennis courts
- Access to an all-weather sports facility for hockey
- Netball courts
- Sports Ground and Pavilion on Woodstock Road
The gyms are for all current College members (students and staff) and their spouses. Please note that wider family, friends, and visiting alumni are not permitted to use them.
The following are Women Only hours at the gyms:
Old Gym: Sunday 3-4 pm
Kendrew Gym: Tuesday 7-8 am
Induction and signing up
1. First read the Gym Rules
2. Next you must either:
- attend a real-life induction session (contact
Matt Queralt at the University Sports Centre)
- watch the Gym Induction video.
3. Lastly complete the online gym sign-up form
- Even if you have previously completed a paper sign-up form, you still need to sign up online.
- If your health condition changes you must fill in the form again to reflect any changes and inform the Sports Officer.
- The form will be sent to the Sports Officer, who decides on your case then gives the porters the full approved list (at regular intervals).
- If your spouse/partner is not an SJC member, please complete the online form together, after your spouse has watched the induction or attended a real-life induction. There is a box on the form for signing up a spouse and the spouse must also fill out a separate form.
- The porters won't see the health information you input so we would encourage you to tell the Lodge Manager directly if you have an important health issue or allergy. The porters are in no way responsible for your health or wellbeing while using the gym, but it may be useful information for them to mention to a health care professional in an emergency. If you have any questions, please contact the Sports Officer.
More detailed information on Sports at St John’s is available in the newsletter.
For information please visit the Boat Club homepage.
- Blues Squad Grants are available to pay for the costs associated with University level sports participation in blues sports.
- College sport teams receive support from the Amalgamated Trust Funds.