The Women’s Leadership Programme
Our Women’s Leadership Programme consists of:
- three 2-hour workshops led by St John's alumnae with leadership expertise in different professional fields
- three small-group discussions on topics related to leadership.
This year's programme is organised by Aislin Sheldon, Lorika Shkreli, Gabrielle Samra, and Yuxin Ying. The 2022 edition of the programme will follow once finalised.
As a participant, you get the chance to discover, develop and practise leadership skills and to kick-start impactful leadership experience early on – for free! The programme is a valuable opportunity not only to develop skills that are relevant across all career paths, but also to meet alumnae who are ‘walking the walk’, and to connect with fellow graduate students.
With a required time commitment of only c.10 hours across one term, this programme is designed with busy graduate students in mind. It is suitable for all graduate women at St John’s, no matter what subject, with or without concrete leadership experience, and whatever career path you envision for yourself.
If you identify partly or wholly as a woman and you are a graduate student at St John’s, you will be able to sign up for the programme soon.
What past participants have said about the programme:
- ‘The speakers were all very inspiring and knowledgeable, and helped foster a supportive and relaxed learning environment by being both approachable and encouraging.’
- ‘The most useful aspect of this programme was how practical it was. I really feel I improved in a measurable manner.’
- ‘The programme taught me to think about the skills I have in a different way, so hopefully I’ll be able to utilise them better.’
- ‘I think the programme was very well designed with a balance between learning, participation and encouragement to apply ideas in practice.’
- ‘To be strongly recommended!’
Learn more about the programme and how it could transform your leadership potential in this video: