The Women’s Network aims to be vibrant, diverse, sustainable and engaging, bringing together women* of St John’s College, Oxford, including current students, Fellows, College staff and alumnae from across the world to facilitate broad connections. We strive to further women’s engagement with the College, their education, their well-being and their life opportunities. By building a platform and structure for information exchange, we offer opportunities to learn from the wealth of experience in the network, to celebrate achievements and to promote deeper and wider participation of women in all aspects of careers and life in general, encouraging equality of opportunity for women.
The values underpinning the St John’s College Women’s Network are:
- Inclusivity and Diversity
- Collaboration and Sociability
- Inspiration and Achievement
- Empowerment and Support
These provide essential guideposts for the ethics, culture and integrity of the Women’s Network and are in accordance with the charitable objectives of the College.
* The Women’s Network defines a woman as anyone who identifies wholly or partially as a woman and/or as transfeminine.
What does the Network Do?
- Provides a platform for extensive connections to be made within the female community of St John's
- Hosts speaker events, in a variety of locations and formats, with women speakers sharing their experience and insights
- Organises the Women's Leadership Programme
- Hosts an annual Women's Network Dinner
- Facilitates connecting with alumnae for mentoring through the St John's Online Community, which is available at www.sjc.aluminate.net
Check for updates on the Women's Network Facebook Page