St John's College takes seriously its responsibilities to handle your date with care. You can find further information about what types of information we hold and how we handle it by reading our privacy notice together with all our other GDPR-related documents.
Terms and Conditions
Terms of agreement is in perpetuity for academic publishing, but limited to 2 years for
Conditions for electronic publication of images of the college and of college property
- St John’s College grants a non-exclusive license to the person or company named above (Licensee) in the electronic product described above until the expiry of the term of the agreement (in perpetuity for academic publishing; limited to 2 years for commercial publishing).
- The College retains the publication right, and in some cases the copyright, and all other intellectual property rights worldwide in the Licensed Image.
- The image as published must contain or be accompanied by a credit to read, “By permission of the President and Fellows of St John’s College Oxford”, with the full identifying reference (as above).
- The Licensed Product and/or the service offered via the Licensed Network must bear a strongly worded copyright notice on any packaging, storage medium, accompanying documentation, initial entry screens and any other entry screens giving access to the Licensed Image(s). The notice must explain in clear language that the Licensed Image(s) and the contents generally are protected by copyright laws and that the following acts in relation to the Licensed Images are prohibited unless specifically authorised by the President and Fellows of St John’s College and any relevant copyright owner:
- public performance, public display or broadcast, including transmission via a network other than the Licensed Network
- the preparation of any derivative work, including the extraction, in whole or in part, of any of the Licensed Image(s);
- any rental, lease, lending or hire
- The Licensee will take all reasonable steps to design the Licensed product and/or service offered via the Licensed Network so that the Licensed Images cannot be copied or otherwise extracted in the normal course of use except by printing out pages for personal use.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain any necessary consent to reproduce images from the owner of the copyright in the materials photographed. A copy of such consent may be requested by the Librarian.
- If requested, a copy of the Licensed Product in which the reproduction appears must normally be presented to the College Library. On making the Licensed Images(s) available on the Licensed Internet Site, the Licensee will grant to the College the right to access the Licensed Internet Site, should it wish to do so, free of charge for the term of the agreement.
- Permission may be withdrawn if any part of these conditions is infringed.
- A License Fee may be charged for commercial publications.