What is the St John’s Inspire Programme?
The St John’s Inspire Programme is a series of events, visits, workshops and online contact for pupils in Years 9 to 13 from non-selective state schools in our linked London Boroughs of Harrow and Ealing.
Participants get the opportunity to:
- Explore academic subjects they are enthusiastic about in a more structured and deeper way
- Gain confidence in their academic abilities; talking about their subject and making applications to competitive universities
- Meet people who share a passion for their subject
- Receive up-to-date and accurate advice on all aspects of university admissions and funding
- Gain the tools to make informed academic choices and submit strong applications to competitive courses and universities.
We will also be running parallel information sessions for parents/carers and teachers on issues such as supporting university applications and funding.
" You came to my school and gave an amazing speech about maths today and it really inspired me. Your lecture got me really excited and I really want to study maths in the future. " Zahra, Greenford High School
From outside Ealing or Harrow?
The rest of the programme is targeted at non-selective state schools in our linked regions of Ealing and Harrow. If you are from a non-selective state school in our other linked regions in East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, we have plenty of other outreach events available to you.
If you are from outside these areas, don’t worry: there are lots of outreach events offered by the University, academic departments and by the link college for your region. You can find out more about University events here.