What is the St John’s Inspire Programme?
The St John’s Inspire Programme is a series of events, visits, workshops and online contact for pupils in years 9 to 13 from non-selective state schools in our linked London Boroughs of Harrow and Ealing.
Participants will get the opportunity to:
- Try taster sessions in a range of subjects with top academics
- Meet current students to talk about what university is really like
- Meet recent graduates to find out about the range of careers available
- Spend time in Oxford to try out university life
- Get reliable information about choosing subjects and applying to
We will also be running parallel information sessions for parents/carers and teachers on issues such as supporting university applications and funding.
Download a more detailed outline of the programme here.
Reasons to get involved
It’s a chance for participants to:
- Explore academic subjects they are enthusiastic about in a more structured and deeper way
- Gain confidence in their academic abilities; talking about their subject and making applications to competitive universities
- Meet people who share a passion for their subject
- Receive up-to-date and accurate advice on all aspects of university admissions and funding
- Gain the tools to make informed academic choices and submit strong applications to competitive courses and universities
Signing up to the St John’s Inspire programme
- The programme is open to all non-selective
state schools in our linked regions, the London Boroughs of Ealing and Harrow
- All the events and resources are free to
qualifying participants. We can also cover costs of travel for participants who
would otherwise be unable to attend
- All non-selective state schools in Ealing and
Harrow will receive invitations to each of the events but you can also contact
us directly to attend
- Sign up to our mailing list to keep in contact
online during year 11
- To join the Year 12 Twilight sessions, there
will be a very simple application process. In filtering applications, we will take into account academic
attainment at GCSE or equivalent, a short personal statement and a teacher’s
For more information
For further information about any aspect of the St John’s Inspire Programme or to sign up to our Year 11 mailing list, email our Access and Outreach Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
From outside Ealing or Harrow?
This programme is targeted at non-selective state schools in our linked regions of Ealing and Harrow.
If you are from a non-selective state school in our other linked regions in East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, you might like to contact us about the range of other outreach events we offer.
If you are from outside these areas, don’t worry, there are lots of outreach events offered by the University, academic departments and by the link college for your region. You can find out more about them here.