Average intake: 2
- Our students take an integrated course in
archaeology and anthropology, drawing on a huge range of interests and
resources in both fields.
- We are well situated halfway between the two departments, and also
have access to excellent libraries and museums, including the Ashmolean and Pitt Rivers.
- Tutorials are led by lecturers and researchers who are also world-class researchers and University teachers.
- Our students are dedicated and enthusiastic, participating in the
Oxford University Archaeological Society and the Oxford University
Anthropological Society; volunteering at both the Pitt Rivers and
Ashmolean Museums; and assisting with both fieldwork and museum work, in
the UK and abroad.
- Our students go on to successful careers in a variety
of areas, including academia, museum work, archaeological employment,
business, teaching, journalism, and the volunteer sector.
Watch a St John's student talking about studying Archaeology and Anthropology: