Average intake: 8
- St John’s has full Tutorial Fellows in each of the three main branches of Chemistry; this ensures that most of the teaching is done in house with benefits of continuity and experience. All three tutors run active research programmes with large groups and h indices to match.
- Chemistry undergraduates are intensively taught in College over the first three years of the M.Chem. course (the fourth year being devoted to departmentally based research).
- Over the years our undergraduate chemists have achieved a very high proportion of first class degrees.
- Our Chemistry undergraduates regularly undertake research projects with their tutors during vacations; others successfully obtain work placements in industry.
- St John's chemists are highly employable – recent graduates have usually continued on to further research or entered the professions.
Read a profile from a St John's Chemistry student here.
Watch two St John's students talk about studying Chemistry: