Average intake: 2
- St John's Students are associated with the Faculty of Music at Oxford, which is an internationally renowned department combining an outstanding research record (rated 5*) with a wide-ranging and imaginative undergraduate teaching programme.
- All types of performance and musicological interests are supported, including ethnomusicology and popular music which are specialist interests of our music tutor.
- St John's has a lively and very well resourced musical life. There are regular student and professional concerts and organ recitals, an active student music society, and a chapel choir which tours internationally every summer.
- Facilities for musicians are excellent and include a stunning new chapel organ, a 200-seater auditorium for performance, and a number of well equipped practice rooms.
- Music alumni from St John's include David Flood and Peter Philips. Many more have gone onto notable careers as professional musicians, cathedral organists, academics and music teachers. The tenor Ian Bostridge was also a student at St John's.
Read the Profile of a current Music student here.
Watch a St John's student talking about studying Music: