Philosophy and Joint Schools
Average intake: 3 (excluding PPE)
- In addition to PPE, Philosophy can be studied at St John's in joint degrees with Mathematics, Psychology, Linguistics, Theology, Modern Languages or Computer Science.
- We offer excellent teaching in Philosophy by dedicated tutors actively engaged in research in the subject. The College has particular strengths in Ethics and the History of Philosophy.
- Our students enjoy participating in the undergraduate Philosophy society (the Strawson Society), which arranges talks throughout the year.
Watch a St John's student talking about studying Philosophy and Modern Languages:
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Physics and Philosophy
- Philosophy and Theology
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Computer Science
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Mathematics and Philosophy - see criteria for Mathematics and Philosophy
- Physics and Philosophy - see criteria for Physics and Philosophy
- Philosophy and Theology - see criteria for Philosophy and Theology
- Pyschology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Computer Science and Philosophy